Advice and a Hello

MCQBushcraft

Hi everyone,

My names Mike and I live in Sweden although originally I am from the UK. I run a YouTube Channel and have recently been posting some trips of my experiences overlanding various parts of northern Sweden. I have not posted much on vehicle camping in Sweden before as most of my camping explorations are on foot, but in the summer I like to travel and camp by vehicle when I take my vacation.

I am experiencing quite a lot of backlash from people regarding my overlanding exploits being illegal and not allowed in Sweden. I do fully understand that Off Road driving is totally illegal in Sweden as it is in most of Europe but from my understanding I have only been driving on roads marked on local maps and the Gaia GPS Swedish topographical downloadable map. Some of these tracks are gravel others stone but some of course are dirt roads which I believe is where the problem is.

I have tried to research this as much as possible and I am trying to get somebody of authority to make a video with me as a sort of guide to vehicle camping in Sweden, but I thought I would ask on here and also join up given I live here now and have already met some of you. 

Many thanks and look forward to chatting one here.           

20200614_200210.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 5

Hi and welcome to the forum. I have been subscribing to your youtube channel for a long time and it is nice to see you here. Many of the users here are on holiday these days so are a bit quiet at the moment. :)

Edited by kimar

Hi Mike,

Welcome here!

I have followed your Channel for quite some time, and seen most of your videos. Specially the ones from Sweden/Norway and your Jeep.

I am so sorry about your issues now with all that happened to your Channel. Saw your posts on FB 😪

I really hope you get it back through Youtube and their backup-systems.

I am originally from North of Sweden and have been in many of the places you filmed.

I think one issue up North is that people don’t out up a lot of signs or gates, even if they have private roads. This is because there are so few people and it hasn’t been a problem before. Down here, South of Värmland/Dalarna there are signs and gates on most of the private roads.

We have another thread about maps here. There are also links on where to download maps from the government that shows what roads are paved, gravel etc - but also where they have money paid as funding from government. Those are open to everyone.

See if you can follow some in this thread:

Just let us know if you want us to translate or explain more.

• Like 1