Kontaktdon

tuko

I've been having issues the last few years with the regular cigarette plug in the back of the landy where the plug would loosen over time and create just enough of a gap that you lost power to the fridge. Of course you wouldn't see it by a casual glance.  

So I've been thinking of upgrading the power cord's plug so that it's a locking type like this:

plug.jpg.a52d7c6466e680ba13ffa2d705136cc8.jpg

I've not checked the manuals for the Dometic fridge but I'm wondering if this plug would be sufficient or should I go bigger with say an Anderson plug? What have others done ? 

Edited by tuko
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Jag droppade hela kontaktbiten och monterade kabeln till kylen permanent. Men så kan jag ta loss kabeln från själva kylen också. 

Did that make any sense at all Todd? I'll see if I can dig up a pic...

Screenshot_20190222-130554_Photos.thumb.jpg.5553c6128e564b67a9aee1823a38e09c.jpg

Edited by Wiberg
La till en bild
  • Like 1

24 minuter sedan, tuko sade:

I'm wondering if this plug would be sufficient or should I go bigger

Have a look at the fridge cable, if the plugs cable is the same area or larger it will be fine.  Remove the kabelskor and solder.

Edited by blackstream
  • Like 1

@Jon, yes that made sense and along the lines I'm thinking. 

@Stefan, I just checked the manual and power cord to the cxf35. The manual rates the power at 7Amp - 12volts. The power cord is 2 x 1.3mm which was a surprise. Normally I wire everything with 2.5mm. the power cord fuse is rated at 10A. 

The other surprise is the plug on power cord, it's 2 part which has a 2 Pol plug. Now if I can find a female receiver for the power cord, it'll stop me from hacking up the power cord. ?

1222019132210.thumb.jpg.1a4ac4b6b95cd8090f5e6b9f923b723e.jpg

• Like 2