In our package of 4 days Overlanding in Norway we take you from Oslo via Hamar up to the wonderful and wild Norwegian highlands on the Birkebeiner road. The journey continues over to the Peer Gynt road with a short visit to the exciting site “hell”. We then turn into Jotunheimen and visit Norway’s highest navigable road. The tour continues towards Stryn, where we take the Gamle Strynefjellsvegen and visit the summer ski-resort. The tour ends at Stryn, where the participants easily can continue towards ex Geiranger or further north.
Participants make use of their own vehicles and equipment that works for survival in the open air depending on the season. Overlanding.nu sends out a material list from our experience. The price is per person and includes dinners and tolls.
This trip is best suited during: Spring, Summer and autumn
Minimum number of participating vehicles: 5
All our guides have long experience of traveling, living and surviving in an arctic climate. In addition, all guides have undergone basic and advanced ABC training with associated realistic exercises. When you book a trip with us, you can rest assured that we focus on your safety and wellbeing. Our guides have in-depth knowledge of all the countries we travel in, and speak the local language.
Our support vehicles
All of our support vehicles are specially equipped for Overlanding and especially for Overlanding in Scandinavia with its varying topography and climate zones. Our vehicles are equipped with recovery gear for all seasons, as well as tools for easier field repairs. Our vehicles are all equipped with VHF, UHF and CB / PR systems for communication in the group, in addition to satellite telephone for areas without drawing. Fire extinguishers and first aid equipment are readily available.
All camping is in the wild. There will be no showers or toilets available.
- Cost is per person based on 2 adults per vehicle
- If one adult and one under 16, price for 2 adults applies
- All vehicles must be capable of going off-road
- All vehicles must have European breakdown and recovery insurance
- All passengers must have appropriate travel and medical insurance
- Full payment is required on booking
- In the event of cancellation by Overlanding.nu, all fees will be refunded in full
- Overlanding.nu reserves the right to alter routes and/or itinerary if necessary without prior notice
- Overlanding.nu cannot be held liable for the actions of third parties
- Overlanding.nu cannot be held responsible for alteration of sailing schedule by ferry companies
- Overlanding.nu cannot be held responsible for any damage, injury or whilst on or off road
- Off-road driving can put you and your vehicle at risk and you are fully responsible for your own actions. Some routes may involve the risk of scratches