Warn Winch Solenoids..... questions....

tuko

A quick history before I get into the questions,
I recently bought a dual battery split charge system for the landy. With room tight in and under my landy I've bought a replacement dual battery holder (panel) to fit in place of the original single battery holder that sits under the passenger seat.
OK, with placing dual battery's under the passenger seat I can no longer have the same size battery as I have today,  I can't have anything longer that 278mm. 
The thought in my head is that with 2 lower amperage battery's under the seat, It would be best to wire them together for winching for max effectiveness. I did find this picture on the internet that is simple to follow:

winch_from_both_batteries.gif.841158232635aac448cd7256fc98c1d2.gif

I have in the garage 4 extra Warn Winch solenoids, which I can't find any specifications on them. The question that I have is based on the above picture, can I use a Warn winch solenoid in place of the upright solenoid? And would there be any complications by doing the above wires including the dual split charge system? 

My goal is to have the dual battery charge system for overlanding of course plus the extra power of 2 battery's when needed for winching. 

Write back in Sv, my writing grammar is poor, but I can read. ?

Todd.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...